Matt JOnes, Born on the 25th November 1977, England.
From 1996 – 2000 Matt studied product design at the “Birmingham City University. The university was formally known as the “University of Central England or UCE”.
2001 – 2012
After leaving university, Matt worked as a designer in two companies, one as a junior and the other a more senior position. The realisation that he would not be happy working within a company soon became apparent so in around the back end of 2002 he decided to go it alone as a freelance agent. This led him down the new path of working in new ways, mainly from his home studio.
A huge learning curve in his career began, and a new path of developing skills in; web design, graphical layout and illustration. At this period of time Matt was working for a wide range of people, from blue chip companies to wacky mavericks.
Matt has now found him self working with “Design Toys” and has established himself as an artist.
Influential key dates:
- Registered as self employed freelancer.
- Started working with conceptual designer “Graham Powell”.
- Founded Lunartik.com
- Teaching product design at the “University of Central England”.
- “Phillip Corbett” introduced Matt to the vinyl toy scene.
- Winner of the TOY2R’s “Design-a-Qee” competition – “QT”.
- First conceived the idea for “Lunartik in a Cup of Tea” figures.
- Vinyl toy mass production – working with Chinese production.
- Produced the “Rocket” for Forbidden Planet’s merchandising arm “Titan”.
– Vinyl production of “Lunartik in a Cup of Tea”.
2010 / 2012:
- “Lunartik in a Cup of Tea” has been the main focus.
If you would like to see Matt’s artwork, please take a look in the work section where you will find a selection of pieces ranging from toy design to illustration.View portfolio’s
If you would like to work with Matt, or you just fancy a natter over a cup of Tea: Click Here